FUBAR, cannot install or run any exe besides IE 64

idrizmiftari

I'm a computer savvy kid who fixes my friends' computers. 99% of the time I can google fix crap. Had to sign up here because you guys actually know what you are doing and fixed a particularly annoying redirect. I am hoping you can help me with this.

Where to start... It is a hp laptop with win 7 home premium. I cannot install anything or run any programs besides internet explorer 64-bit. Tried to uninstall programs and I get windows installer service cannot be accessed. I right click desktop and hit personalize/screen resolution and get a server execution failed error.There are 2 windows updates, one for net framework and the other is win 7 service pack 1. I can only try to update through control panel and both fail. Error codes for the failures are FFFFFFFE and 80073712. I thought permissions were messed up and i try to change them, only to get access denied. Cannot go into safe mode because it BSOD everytime.

When I try to install anything it goes as far as to ask for permission but promply disappears with no errors. I downloaded hijackthis with no luck. I downloaded the msi version and that actually goes into the installation but when asked for destination folder an error says: Installation directory must be on a local hard drive. Cannot complete the install. Not sure what to try. Sorry for the wall of text. Thank you in advance.

Cannot run Eset online scanner as well, tries to install the active X control, after accepting for permission then nothing happens. The pop up window then shows a broken link place-holder image. So pretty much all the required steps to post I cannot do. Cannot run Gmer,dds,rkill,mbr,mbam,combo,kasper, or any exe for that matter.

Was I not in the virus forum? Sorry if I posted somewhere else, of the decade I spent online, I have probably only posted a handful of times on any online forum.

Back