TechSpot

FUD alert: "always connected" Xbox 720 rumors are mostly paranoia

By Jos
Mar 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Rumors about some sort of anti-used game protection being planned for the next-generation Xbox have surfaced on several occasions over the past year. Although I’ve always been skeptical about a supposed “always on, always connected” requirement for the console, today...

Read more
  2. SantistaUSA

SantistaUSA TS Rookie Posts: 49   +8

If a console ever require to be always online to be able to play games I will not buy it. Also if Microsoft still require a membership to just be able to play online I will not buy their next console, they should do a membership like Sony does, it just makes more sense.
  3. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 529   +146

Pretty much what I've been saying; the next box won't have always on DRM. Too many gullible people and too many PS fanboys -_-
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  4. Duskywolf50

Duskywolf50 TS Rookie Posts: 21

Geez man! If this rumor is true then that's greedy. We cannot sell game to store anymore plus we cannot bring disc to friend's house and play. It is total waste. I like old times. Dumb people will go for it so they can show off, as smart people refuse buy for good reason. Either no choice cause they stop make games for old console then push you to get next generation? That's a question which I wonder?
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,070   +704

True, and it's a great news story for those who love ripping on MS. And the truth has never stopped any number of people from spouting off about how they're 'not going to buy something from another greedy company'.
  6. I'm going to stick with my Atari VCS2600. They wont get me with this anti used games stance...
    SantistaUSA likes this.
  7. This is so that I can RDP into that bad boy and play games anywhere... :mad:
  8. dennis777

dennis777 TS Enthusiast Posts: 276   +29

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
  9. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,916   +365

This wasn't what bugged me about an xbox. I have internet. PC is a different story.
    Now the rumor of no-used-game support, thats bugging me greatly. Not getting Durango if that turns out to be the case.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.