My system:

FX 53 (939 pin)
ABIT AV8 939PIN VIA K8T800 MB
Window X-Blade 450W
Visiontek Radeon X800 Pro 256 MB
2 x Kingston 512MB PC3200 PC400DDR
AMD Thermaltake Athlon 64 3400+
2 x Maxtor 200 GB SATA 150 7200 RPM 8MB HD

Please help!! I bought this computer last year and it hasn't been working properly since, but company I bought it from (cyberpower) claims nothing is wrong with it. I bought it as a gaming pc and to run digital imaging programs, but it always crashes during games, and cant even import a CD without freezing. Very frustrating since it cost almost $3000.

One concern is the power supply... 450w not enough? I downloaded the power monitor and it goes straight up to 100% when I try to import a CD. I've gotten advice that my PSU should be at least 530w to support fx53, radeon x800, etc.

Other concern is the RAM. Is Kingston not a good brand for this system? I get blue screen errors, but when I do memory tests there are no errors. Also, on the AMD compatible RAM chart, the same type of RAM in the 256 and 1g versions are on list but not the 512 that I have. Weird? I'm looking to buy new RAM and I hear Corsair and OCZ are good, but they are also not on the list of Validated DDR DRAM Modules Which on the list are the best?

I would appreciate help VERY MUCH! Thanks!

hmm

Constant crashing is a tall tell sign of underpowered PSU. While the x800 is not a power hungry as a 6800, you have a high powered CPU. i would invest in a good quality PSU. (Antec,enermax,PC power, the list goes on)

As far as ram goes, Kingston is a good brand, as is corsiar (that all i use) and OCZ. But a good brand doesnt mean that you cant have a bad stick. I would run memtest, (which can be found here to see if your RAM is the source of the problems

Good Luck

Sean

I think ps

My other setup is a fully loaded FX53

FX53 @FX55
2GB PC 4000 Corsair Xms Pro with leds
6800GT at past Ultra OC
2 X Maxtor DM 10 200GB 8MB Buffer
Nec 3500 16x DVD copier
Sony 52x32x52 CDRW copier
Audigy2 zs plt pro
and my Thermaltake pure power 680watt handles alot better than older good name brand 450 watt It flows better than the other one I can feel it and see it

cost $149-$179 Thermaltake pure power 680watt

I installed an Antec Truepower II 550w PSU and 2 sticks of 512 Crucial PC3200 RAM, and it still won't work right!!!! I'm desperate to fix the computer, after spending $3400 total on all its parts. Any more suggestions? If anyone wants to buy this computer for more than 1/2 what I paid for it, be my guest!

Just a shot in the dark but is the 2 x 2 square white connector on the motherboard connected to the power supply? It lies near the 20 pin main power connector.

Maybe the company u bought it from really OCed it. Record your BIOS settings in Cell Menu (or equivalent) and then set your BIOS to fail safe defaults. Then compare them to the recorded values. HTX4 or 5; HTT freq(~200MHz), CPU multiplier,(X10 0r 11 0r 12). etc.

Reboot with fail safe settings and run Prime95 to check for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back