TechSpot

G73jh Asus laptop freezes every 15 minutes...

By maraque
Dec 29, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi.
    I had my laptop for about a year and a half and I never had a issue with it. Recently, I bought battlefield 3 and updated the drivers for it to work. When that was done, I decided that it would be a good idea to clean out all the dust for everything to run nice and smooth... So I sprayed the laptop with the appropriate spray, plugged it back in and started playing. Ever since then, every time I start my laptop, it freezes after about 15 minutes of use and I need to shut it down manually. I tried to install the old drivers but with no luck... it still freezes... I have a friend that cleaned his laptop about 2 weeks ago and he had the same problem... does anyone know whats wrong and have a solution!?!?

Thx!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,944   +167

"So I sprayed the laptop with the appropriate spray"...

what was the appropriate spray, and where did you spray it? On the keyboard? In the fan vents?

3. maraque

maraque TS Rookie Topic Starter

spray

I don't remember the name of the spray (im not at home at the moment) but I got it at my local computer shop (pccyber)... and I srayed it the vents in the back and under it...

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,944   +167

Was the spray a liquid or air?

5. maraque

maraque TS Rookie Topic Starter

Air but I had to stop every 2 sec cuz it would freeze up a bit...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.