Gadget Diet :) ?

learninmypc

This happened on Patch Tuesday.
Gadget diet.jpg
I've rebooted twice since then, but obviously it hasn't changed.
I've temporarily changed it so just the orange part shows.:confused:

I'm not sure I understand/know what you're saying. I've made it small (orange part only) & then bigger, but no change.

Close it like you would w/ any programs, then add it back. Sometimes the problem fixes itself.

Clipboard01.png

Clipboard02.png

That looks like one of IE10 modifications to me. I could be wrong, but doesn't Windows use IE to display gadgets?

Edit:
I just installed the gadget on my Windows 7 Pro (x64) with IE10 and it's showing correctly. I'm going to update my machine now and see if that makes a difference.

Win7 Home 64-bit, no issues after updating to IE 10. The initial update to Avast 8 did messed up the weather gadget, Flash and videos when hardware acceleration is used. But the subsequent Avast update corrected that. The workaround for the weather gadget's display issue was close and add it back in.

Win7 Home 64-bit, no issues after updating to IE 10. The initial update to Avast 8 did messed up the weather gadget, Flash and videos when hardware acceleration is used. But the subsequent Avast update corrected that. The workaround for the weather gadget's display issue was close and add it back in.
Thanks Rabbit01, I'll be content with it as is unless somebody comes up with a possible fix. Mine is also W7 Home Premium 64-bit.

That looks like one of IE10 modifications to me. I could be wrong, but doesn't Windows use IE to display gadgets?

Edit:
I just installed the gadget on my Windows 7 Pro (x64) with IE10 and it's showing correctly. I'm going to update my machine now and see if that makes a difference.
I dont think it uses IE

Sorry, I forgot to mention I had rebooted before making this thread & NONE of my gadgets (clock,weather & calendar) showed up so I rebooted again after waiting 15 minutes & then they showed up, calender as is it posted.
cliffordcooley, I tried your idea but still no joy. Oh well, keep the ideas coming & thanks,:)

Turn Windows Features on or Off > Windows Gadget Platform.

Disable this, restart, enable, restart.

Learninmypc, did you also have a windows live mail "black screen" problem aside from the windows 7 gadget problem?

Back