Galaxy MDT GeForce GT 520: Quad-Display Budget Card

I don't understand why the author keeps mentioning eyefinity and how this GPU compares to Radeons.
Radeons are gaming cards, this is NOT a gaming card nor was it intended to be.
Its a workstation card made to run 4 displays and sip power.

I run quad monitors at work with 2 Radeons working together and it works just fine.

amstech said:
Radeons are gaming cards, this is NOT a gaming card nor was it intended to be.
Its a workstation card made to run 4 displays and sip power.

I'm so glad you confirmed that for us :)

So what gaming Radeons do I keep referring to in the article? I was sure it was only the Radeon HD 6450...

The card is meant for what ever you're going to use it for...

...and I've seen plenty of people use this as a gaming card.

well the GT 250 chipset isn't the greatest for gaming anyways, so i'd consider this a workstation card regardless...

This is being marketed to the business users not techies that know how to set up the AMD cards using display ports which are a real pain as you have to spend some extra bucks to get the right (active) connector because most monitors don't support display ports yet. If the thing is a package deal where you have the card and the splitters with just a simple plug and play, no muss no fuss type of deal then $130 is a steal. Time is money and spending hours learning the technology and making sure you buy the right connectors makes saving $70 over the AMD product a no brainer. Sure you could buy a high end gaming card from AMD that has the same capability but those are not marketed to business users and the size of most of them means they may not fit into the Dell/Gateway sitting on their desk, not to mention the noise of some of those cards! Overall I think this is a winner for Nvidia if they market it right.

Pretty much what we said in the conclusion about the ease of setup. That said most companies have tech support or even either own IT department for a reason :)

This card works fine for Minecraft. It gets around 150 fps on highest settings across 4 monitors.

Back