Galaxy Nexus to hit Verizon stores this Friday, $199 w/ contract

By Rick
Dec 6, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. While a variant of Samsung's Galaxy Nexus is already available internationally, the U.S. is still waiting on the subsidized CDMA version set to be sold by Verizon. This scoop shows the handset…

Read the whole story
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

With those specs, I presume, what, 3 hours of talk time?
  3. DO WANT.

The battery is apparently pretty decent, not to mention you can just pick up a cheapo spare to swap out if you won't have access to a charger for a while.
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

The battery is supposed to be 1750mAh.. pretty respectable.
  5. Hope the $199 price is correct..All these new $299 phones are a rip off. You all ready pay for the phone with the high monthly fees of service. The iPhone is $199 and I hope other phones fall in line if they even hope to compete with the iPhone. I've seen nothing yet that warrants the extra $100 these phone companies are trying to gouge out of ya. They just are testing the waters...If people stupidly pay $299 for new phones that will become the new standard phone prices..Hope people wise up and reject these over priced phones.
  6. To be fair, most smartphones run from $499.99 to as high as 799.99. For Verizon to offer a smartphone to the general market at $299 is a bit of a deal considering that if you wanted to outright buy the phone you would pay 799.99. To some ppl I'm sure the 299.99 price tag is a bit hard on their budget, but its the cellphone providers game. If you wanna "play" you have to play by their rules.
  7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

It's not so much the actual battery that worries me, but the fact that this phone comes with an LTE radio built-in. A 2000+ mAh battery would be respectable.
  8. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,648   +51

dont hit the 3g mobile hotspot button on your verizon phone you will get charges without being notified

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.