Galaxy Note II is official with 5.5-inch screen, Android Jelly Bean

By Shawn Knight
Aug 29, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung made the Galaxy Note II official during their Mobile Unpacked event at IFA in Berlin today. The successor to the surprisingly popular Note will include a larger 5.5-inch 1,280 x 720 HD Super AMOLED display with a 16:9 aspect...

Read more
  2. p51d007

p51d007 TechSpot Booster Posts: 268   +35

I'll just buy mine from Amazon, like I did my Note that I use now. Yeah, expensive, but you bypass all the crud that comes with a carrier phone. If purchasing outright, I'd wait a couple months, let the first "batch" get in the wild before ordering.
  3. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,086   +154

Looks good...
  4. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

So not worth an upgrade over the Note 1 they even reduced the res to 720p wtf? 2Gb of ram is the only thing noteworthy. I'll wait for the Note 3.
  5. Camikazi

Camikazi TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 298   +44

Screen res is slightly lower but the RGB setup is different and should be an improvement over the old Note's setup. Still not exactly worth an if you have the original but along with the other upgrades it makes a nice choice if you have an older phone.
  6. Better own it as fast as you can before Apple banned from US (or it has already banned?)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.