TechSpot

Galaxy S III sales surpass 30 million, beat Samsung's expectations

By Shawn Knight
Nov 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Samsung has recorded more than 30 million sales of their flagship Galaxy S III smartphone according to a recent post on the company's Polish Twitter account. The message was accompanied by a photo showing some Samsung employees celebrating the achievement.

Read more

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,680   +85

Great hardware but not the OS, well at least it crashes fewer times a day compared to original SGS I had few years ago.

3. Zoltan Head

Zoltan Head TS Booster Posts: 247   +27

Congratulations! :D(y)

4. Great news for Samsung...congrats! This goes to show that piracy is alive and well. Also thanks to Apple for making this happen.

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,210   +174

Samsung makes the hardware that consumers want and uses standard options like Micro USB, MicroSD card slot, and a removable battery. Love this phone, its what I've been wanting for many years! Grats to Samsung on this remarkable accomplishment.

6. Samsung just like apple is 1 of the major customers of foxconn... keep those costs low and suicide nets up at the foxconn factories in China

7. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 412   +43

No shortage of trolls on Samsung behalf ...

8. Congrats Samsung.
    I wont be upgrading though,my sister has the SIII and after messing around with it I still prefer my SII.

9. The only reason they have many sold is because they have to replace the one that do not work! I am on my 6th one.

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Since when do 12 year olds need phones anyway?

11. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 695   +162

While I liked my Galaxy S2, a lot of people I know have found the S3 to be a bit, fragile.

12. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,680   +85

St1ckM4n

It may be a random occurrence, but SGS I've used to have, had serious issues with USB connectivity along with host of other issues. Similarly SGS II I used, its screen would go green* (along with crashes and other issues), this SGS3 also suffers from these ills but with lesser frequency, although its screen went green on a single instance as well; and I am not going to talk about its cheap/plasticky feel in the hand.

To sum it up, I wouldn't be surprised if someone goes through several units to get one which at least works consistently for a while.

* I suspect it got to be some issue with their Mali 400 GPU driver.