TechSpot

Galaxy Tab 3 lineup pricing and availability detailed, starts at $199

By Jos
Jun 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. After announcing a trio of Galaxy Tab devices over the last couple of months, Samsung is finally ready to share US availability and pricing details for the next generation of its tablets. In a nutshell, they’ll start at $199, $299...

Read more

2. Instead of adding all the things to sweeten the deal Samsung should just lower the prices by $50.

3. I'm not interested in an upgrade until a 7-12inch AMOLED screen is included. They are not impressing anyone with this "upgrade"

4. andrés

andrés TS Rookie

Well if I had money I would like the 7-inches, as described above, portability, I imagine it consumes less energy than the other.

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,750   +1,105

Yeah, it's not much of an upgrade to the 8 inch tablet, but at least they're coming out with a 7 inch $200 tablet. They haven't had one before. Kinda light on the specs, but for $200, you can't expect too much I guess.

6. abysal

abysal TS Booster Posts: 107   +37

Bah. Seems pretty lame for the 10.1. But to be fair I will hold off final judgement until I see how the 10.1 Tab 3 performs with it's Clover Trail CPU and 1GB of RAM. I think an Exynos CPU and 2GB+ RAM as well as an AMOLED screen would of been the way to go.

7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Nah. I would take an iPad over this... The only Android tablet I like is the Xperia Tablet Z.

8. I wouldn't touch Samsung and their devices over anything. They are an embarrassment to Jelly Bean and should not be allowed to mess it up with their bloat. Nexus all the way... 4 + 7 + 10, all superior devices then any Samsung variant.

9. highlander84

highlander84 TS Booster Posts: 103   +24

I had a Galaxy tab 2 10.1. I sold it because there is no real use for it. Its more like a toy. I will wait till something new and interesting comes out. my Galaxy S4 seems to handle everything a tablet would.