TechSpot

Galaxy Tab 3 lineup pricing and availability detailed, starts at $199

By Jos
Jun 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. After announcing a trio of Galaxy Tab devices over the last couple of months, Samsung is finally ready to share US availability and pricing details for the next generation of its tablets. In a nutshell, they’ll start at $199, $299...

Read more

2. Instead of adding all the things to sweeten the deal Samsung should just lower the prices by $50.

3. I'm not interested in an upgrade until a 7-12inch AMOLED screen is included. They are not impressing anyone with this "upgrade"

4. andrés

andrés TS Rookie

Well if I had money I would like the 7-inches, as described above, portability, I imagine it consumes less energy than the other.

5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,119   +723

Yeah, it's not much of an upgrade to the 8 inch tablet, but at least they're coming out with a 7 inch $200 tablet. They haven't had one before. Kinda light on the specs, but for $200, you can't expect too much I guess.

6. abysal

abysal TS Member Posts: 66   +10

Bah. Seems pretty lame for the 10.1. But to be fair I will hold off final judgement until I see how the 10.1 Tab 3 performs with it's Clover Trail CPU and 1GB of RAM. I think an Exynos CPU and 2GB+ RAM as well as an AMOLED screen would of been the way to go.

7. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

Nah. I would take an iPad over this... The only Android tablet I like is the Xperia Tablet Z.

8. I wouldn't touch Samsung and their devices over anything. They are an embarrassment to Jelly Bean and should not be allowed to mess it up with their bloat. Nexus all the way... 4 + 7 + 10, all superior devices then any Samsung variant.

9. highlander84

highlander84 TS Member Posts: 98   +20

I had a Galaxy tab 2 10.1. I sold it because there is no real use for it. Its more like a toy. I will wait till something new and interesting comes out. my Galaxy S4 seems to handle everything a tablet would.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.