TechSpot

Gallery photo upload not working

By Arris
Jun 7, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Tried this in Opera and IE 8 so far. On Opera it gives an error screen saying that the server/site is not found (see attached image). IE just says "Done" in the status bar and displays a white screen.

Attached Files:

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,593   +352

Odd error considering other people have uploaded recently. I also tried it myself just now and it worked. Unfortunately that's been the story with photopost for years, random inexplicable and unreproducible errors, even when running the latest version.

Try again perhaps? :rolleyes:

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,601   +110

I have Julio, thanks.

I'll try it from home incase its Kaspersky or something preventing it silently from working :)

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,483   +233

Can't say if this is related but once whenever I clicked on a Newegg link in these forums, it would give me an error message and take me to a blank page or something. After I uninstalled Kaspersky that stopped.

5. Julio Franco

Damn you Kaspersky! ;)

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,601   +110

Disabled Kaspersky and tried uploading. Still didn't work from my work machine. So not sure what the culprit is. I'll upload from home when I get the time :)

7. en0nym0us

en0nym0us TS Member Posts: 70

8. Julio Franco

Truth be told, Photopost (the software we use to run the gallery) is an odd animal, it works well for the most part but try deviating a bit from its default usage and you will hit a wall...

I just found a manual solution to get rid of all queued/problematic uploads for all users, can you try uploading now to see what happens?

Thank you.

9. en0nym0us

The queue was cleared but still get the same problem.

After uploading, I get directed to a white page with the same URL http://www.techspot.com/gallery/uploadphoto.php

When I try to "Skip upload and process the files already in your upload directory" I get redirected to a white page with the URL http://www.techspot.com/gallery/bul...words=&updir=&processall=no&dthumbs=&mature=0

When I click on my queued image, I get sent to another white page with the URL http://www.techspot.com/gallery/bulkupload.php?ppaction=addphotos&do=preview&defcat=500

Not sure if that information helps.

10. en0nym0us

11. en0nym0us

This is very irritating.

12. Julio Franco

enonymous, can you please send me the picture(s) you are trying to upload to my email? That will help me troubleshoot... julio@techspot.com

Thanks!

13. en0nym0us

Okay.. its working now. LOL.

14. Julio Franco

I'm so glad, and believe it or not I didn't do anything... Photopost likes to act up as I had mentioned

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.