Game bundles are back: Nvidia to offer Batman Arkham Origins free with select GeForce purchases

Shawn Knight

Staff member

batman arkham origins nvidia

Nvidia has partnered with Warner Bros. to provide a free digital copy of Batman: Arkham Origins with the purchase of any qualifying GeForce graphics card through participating retailers including Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect and NCIX. Such a bundle isn’t unheard of as Nvidia has bundled other games – most recently Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist – with their graphics cards in the past as an added incentive.

The game will take advantage of a number of technologies including DirectX tessellation, HBAO+,Nvidia TXAA antialiasing, soft shadows and various Nvidia PhysX engine environmental effects – making it an ideal choice for a high-end GPU bundle.

Gamers will also have access to Nvidia GeForce Experience technology which offers one-click settings optimization and game-ready driver support. Support for Nvidia Shield is also included, we’re told. Cards that qualify for the free game offer are as follows: GeForce GTX 660, 660 Ti, 670, 680, 760, 770 and 780.

Nvidia said a tech trailer and an article covering the Nvidia and PC-exclusive technology used in the game will be released on September 2.

Batman: Arkham Origins is slated for release on October 25 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and PC. Currently there are no plans to bring the title to the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 although a mobile version known as Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is in development for the PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS / 2DS.

Are you planning to pick up the latest in the Batman franchise?

Permalink to story.

I would have much rather had this game than "Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Blacklist", when I purchased my card. Although I'm happy I found someone to trade with. I wish they would offer a small selection of different game types, that is if they are going to continue with these bundles. I probably would have selected anything other than the game that was bundled with my card. I didn't even like the "Tom Clancy?s H.A.W.X. 2" bundled with my previous card.

When you traded your code did you redeem the nvidia code then give the uplay code to someone?

So Nvidia is getting back on the horse because AMD forced them to by being super competitive in the bundling.

All I can say is this is good for the consumer. Yeah competition.

I would have much rather had this game than "Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Blacklist", when I purchased my card. Although I'm happy I found someone to trade with. I wish they would offer a small selection of different game types, that is if they are going to continue with these bundles. I probably would have selected anything other than the game that was bundled with my card. I didn't even like the "Tom Clancy?s H.A.W.X. 2" bundled with my previous card.

You mean like AMD does?

AMDs current promotion lets you choose 3 games with a 79xx series card, 2 games with a 78xx card, and game with a 77xx card.

I chose nvidia because I didnt have to replace my PSU, now I have to replace it anyway. I coulda gotten a 7950 for not much more...:(

AMDs current promotion lets you choose 3 games with a 79xx series card, 2 games with a 78xx card, and game with a 77xx card.
From what I can tell, it is still not a choice. The games are predetermined. The only difference is AMD bundles more games depending on the purchase. Might as well not even bundle games, if the bundle is going to be locked with games already owned or of no interest.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/nsreloaded.aspx

OK, I can see now I was mistaken. The link above was a little unclear.
00-995-175-05.jpg

Personally I'd rather see the price of these bundled games knocked off the price of the card. Not that some of these games are bad, but bundled games have never been an incentive for me to buy any specific card. A reduction in price is a great incentive as far as I'm concerned.

Back