Game bundles are back: Nvidia to offer Batman Arkham Origins free with select GeForce purchases

By Shawn Knight
Aug 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has partnered with Warner Bros. to provide a free digital copy of Batman: Arkham Origins with the purchase of any qualifying GeForce graphics card through participating retailers including Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect and NCIX. Such a bundle isn’t unheard of...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,775   +1,429

I would have much rather had this game than "Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Blacklist", when I purchased my card. Although I'm happy I found someone to trade with. I wish they would offer a small selection of different game types, that is if they are going to continue with these bundles. I probably would have selected anything other than the game that was bundled with my card. I didn't even like the "Tom Clancy?s H.A.W.X. 2" bundled with my previous card.
  3. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,869   +345

When you traded your code did you redeem the nvidia code then give the uplay code to someone?
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,730   +874

This new Batman game looks cool. Maybe I can pick a card up for a future build.
  5. cliffordcooley

No, I was looking for someone to trade with before I even received my card, because I knew I didn't want the game. You can checkout the Steam trade thread for when I made the trade.
  6. ikesmasher

So you just gave em the nvidia code? Just wanted to make sure I couldnt run into any problems if I wanted to trade (which I do :D)
  7. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

So Nvidia is getting back on the horse because AMD forced them to by being super competitive in the bundling.

All I can say is this is good for the consumer. Yeah competition.
  8. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195   +18

You mean like AMD does?
  9. cliffordcooley

I don't know, does AMD offer a choice? Either though, way I'm not interested in AMD.
  10. ikesmasher

AMDs current promotion lets you choose 3 games with a 79xx series card, 2 games with a 78xx card, and game with a 77xx card.

I chose nvidia because I didnt have to replace my PSU, now I have to replace it anyway. I coulda gotten a 7950 for not much more...:(
  11. cliffordcooley

From what I can tell, it is still not a choice. The games are predetermined. The only difference is AMD bundles more games depending on the purchase. Might as well not even bundle games, if the bundle is going to be locked with games already owned or of no interest.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-settle/Pages/nsreloaded.aspx

12. cliffordcooley

OK, I can see now I was mistaken. The link above was a little unclear.
    [​IMG]
  13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

Personally I'd rather see the price of these bundled games knocked off the price of the card. Not that some of these games are bad, but bundled games have never been an incentive for me to buy any specific card. A reduction in price is a great incentive as far as I'm concerned.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.