Game error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kijana

I need some advice here. There is a game (Jowood's King of the Road) that everytime it loads the game world, my pc restarts. I have downloaded the latest video drivers from the web and installed them.

I have attached the error message from the event viewer log and the mini-dump file.

Thank you.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf1f49f4, af3139d8, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
Probably caused by : s3ginv.dll ( s3ginv+1449f4 )

klif.sys: Kaspersky Anti-Virus
s3ginv.dll: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP (S3 Graphics Drivers)

Re-install Via Chrome9 Drivers (to latest drivers)
Or remove Kaspersky
Or both!

Edit:

Also sited:
King.exe That's the game!

Hi kimsland,

Its been a while since I played King of the Road, but somehow I remembered it and ran it. I was shocked to see the pc restarting.

I tried uninstalling Kaspersky Anti-virus and even downloaded the latest video drivers but it still restarts.

Dunno what to do next.

Hi Kijana

Is this the only game that you have trouble with? Please post some more minidumps so we can narrow down the problem.

Generally, 8E errors are RAM related so you might wanna test your sticks with Memtest ... www.memtest.org as well ...

Spyder_1386 :)

I have something to ask i got this game downloaded called rumble fighter and when they had there update it didn't let on it tells me to run Chkdsk utility but.....when i try to run that it say i don't have the sufficient rights to check this hard drive does anyone no what i can do...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back