Game Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

I have the wierdest problem whcih i have spent ages to fix and tried many ways to fix but nothing ever seems to work for me. The problem is that my games are always very jolty. e.g. when you fire guns it stutters and jolts slighty which causes lag and is very annoying. It often happens in call of duty: United offensive when explosions go off.

I was once told a sound card upgrade would help my problem, it didn't help. I brought a creative audigy SE to replace my onboard ac'97 audio.

Specs:

XFX 7600GT
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz HT
2GB RAM
creative 7.1 sound blaster audigy se
Windows XP SP2

Updated all you drivers, patched up all your games, make sure you ain't running anything in the background. U used to have that problem with my 512MB of RAM (upgraded to 2x1GB DDR2 800, and all problems solved), perhaps your RAM is playing up?

Couldn't help you there mate sry. You said you had 2GB of RAM, perhaps you can right click "MY Computer", go to properties, and under computer, see if it says 2GB. Than you can press ctrl-alt-del, than go to the performance tab, and under Physical Memory, you should have something like:

Total....................2095532
Avalaible...............1448700
System Cache........1257336

Well thats what mine says

It stutters around "firefights" and explosions giving me extremely low framerate where normaly the framerate would be much higher.

That sound card, from my investigations, has NO acceleration.

Thus, for gaming it will not be good.

:(

the card is fine for gaming it has EAX ADVANCED HD1 3.0 support for gaming.

The only time it stutters is in firefights. for example, on CSS my framerate drops when they're is lots of people in a game (no more than 24) and when people fire when i am looking at them.

I think its the processor. Its not good for gaming. I have the same one and it gives me problems with my 7900gs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back