Game prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

Here's somthing I've already been thinking about. With the upcomimg Doom III and Half-Life 2, I wonder if they will hold the price line of these and other popular games, maybe we'll have to pay more for these games. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Read this and see what you think. It's about console games but probably applies to PC games too.
YOU COULD BE paying an extra 10 bucks a title by the end of this year, predicted Michael Pachter, an analyst with Wedbush Morgan Securities who has been tracking some of the biggest players in the industry. Other analysts disagree, citing the game industry’s general reluctance to change price patterns — in either direction. But while static or cheaper prices for your games may sound great in theory, the reasons behind game pricing may make you think twice.

I also tend to buy games once the price comes down after a few months. Same with PC hardware, I tend to buy good value components, though as with games I occassionally make an exception if I have some spare cash lying around and the game/product is worth it. I guess it all comes down to how much spare cash you have, and what your current priorities are.

I don't mind playing older games that I've picked out of the bargain bin, and in fact thats where I buy most of my games from. Older games are cheaper, run on low cost hardware, and many are as good or better than some current releases that are out there (e.g. System Shock 2 - its easily one of the best titles I've ever played, and worth getting a hold of if you can find a copy).

I used to love to play games, but I just haven't had time recently. I need to find a good one soon and sit down and rock out with it.

Originally posted by Nic
System Shock 2 - its easily one of the best titles I've ever played, and worth getting a hold of if you can find a copy
Heh, I bought it just a week ago. Now I just need an operating system to play it in ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back