TechSpot

Game problem

By cinerarium
Sep 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey, i have got win 2000 atm but i bought a copy of winxp home and i installed it everything went fine but i went too go play some games and about 3mins into any game it freezes or turns off the monitor or resets the whole system i had none of these probs with 2000 so i dont think its the hard wear i tried everything i no but i cant fix it any suggestions would be great thanks
  2. robin_bga

robin_bga TS Rookie Posts: 258

Hi Cinerarium, i have read yo problem and i think its not an easy thing to figure out, but maybe to avoid reinstalling, first tell me did u do an upgrade of you directx, drivers etc?
    Bcoz those are some of the files that would cause that if u have just upgraded.If no try installing dx9c and upgrade all you drivers to support winxp.
    U see if u run drivers of a lower os, u create un stability, bcoz the host and yet new os see it as a bad signature. So do that and updates of yo progress.
    Wish u luck
    Robin
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.