Gamecube game problem

By rjgiii
May 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, my problem is that whenever I put certain games in my Gamecube they sometimes wont read the disc. I noticed on the back of the disc that theres a smudge that wont come out with just water and I dont want to ruin the game by using a different substance. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how they fixed it. It's happeneing with some of my more favorite games and it looks like just a smudge that wont come out on the back of the game itself it hasn't happened to all my games just the ones I play the most. I'd appreciate any ideas even if you dont have a clue thanks.
  2. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Get an electric DVD cleaner and/or use alcohol to clean the disk. Also get a CD/DVD scratch remover and run all the games through it. If you can access the glass eye in the Gamecube clean that with alcohol on a Q-tip as well.
  3. rjgiii

rjgiii Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

okay thanks I'll try that
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.