Gamecube problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I put a disc in my gamecube, it always says, "No disk" or "Read the manual". It first happend when I bought the game, Naurto, and it killed my gamecube after three days. And, it will no longer read any discs.
What can I do to fix it?

Allright...check it.

This could be one of two things.
I have two gamecubes and they both started acting up like that too, now don't blame Naruto for it, it can simply be one of the following.

1) You may have accidentally created a scenario in which dust, grease, or other contaminants could have made their way to your disk reading lens (the little "glass orb" next to the pivot thingy that the GC disks click into)

Or

2) Gamecubes are designed to kill themselves eventually. As the disk spins at one point FAR into their little lifespans that mechanism underneath will become loose and stop spinning properly.

Now to Fix number one you can do what I did.

It may seem *****ic but screw it, I took a cotton swab with alcohol and cleaned the lens. I let it dry and popped in a disk. Everything went smooth and I still use my cube to this day.

Number two on the other hand is a bit more complicated, I seriously hope number one is your case.
get back to us on how cleaning the lens went, if that doesn't fix it then I'll post instructions on fixing number two.

Good Luck:)

My Gamecube is from near-launch, and I didn't have any trouble with it. I replaced it with a Wii in December, so I haven't checked it in a long time, but that's still about 6 years without it dying. I don't know how Nintendo's repair system works, what you need for them to fix your system, but you could try calling Nintendo's support. Why is there a month between the posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back