Gameport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrag

I installed my old soundcard so that i can use the gameport on it for my joystick, i had some trouble with it as it conflicted with my soundstorm (nf7-s) and i disable it first and it all works fine...
but my gameport doesnt work. it keeps giving:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

this is what it shows on the resources tab:

I/O range 0201-0201

can someone help?

Or see if the mobo didnt' come with a gameport of it's own. (It might be an extra cable you have to connect to the motherboard)

If it does, it might have better drivers/support to allow you to use it. :)

rbs> that costs money, and isn't always an option... (like for me stuck with a lousy Wingman Extreme Digital. (The regular were great, but the digital .................))

well no i didnt get any port with my mobo, and a new one or an adapter costs money and i don't want to pay out on that :p
it says free some resources...(0201-0201) could it be that an other device is using this range and that it's interfering with the gameport?

btw it worked on my kt4 ultra... and the sound works... it's just the gameport that doesnt work

Go into Control Panel,Add/Remove Hardware and uninstall all occurrences for your gaming port (tick the option to show all hidden devices).
With the joystick inserted, restart the PC. Windows should re-install the gameport.

that doesnt work either, but it says it's in use (well the resources) could that mean that an other device is using it? how can i find that out?

might be a com port or IRQ conflict, check the BIOS and compare devices and their resources, especially note the COM port used by the gameport and any other device that might also be using that port

i tried it.. but i dont understand enought about that yet :) but i've bought a new one with usb now and it workds fine ^^

thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back