Games and sound lag, DirectX problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptunus

OK, here's the deal. My games lag every 20 seconds and frame skip and all that junk, plus that the sound chops when it lags. I did try to fix this problem 2 months ago but wasn't able to fix it. I tried to reinstall games, did virus scans, tried to take some dust away, defragged both C: and D: drives, but nothing worked. So here im again, still stuck with the same problem and was hoping that you could help fixing it. I'm playing on a fairly good laptop that worked extremly well 5 months ago. My specs: 1.5 Ghz Intel Pentium M ( aka. Intel Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz ), 512 Mb Ram, Ati Mobility Radeon 9700.

So why do i come here now again?
Because i think i know what the problem is. I did DXDIAG, and found out that in my DirectX files, the directx.cpl file has gone old. So of course i tried to reinstall directx 9.0c, but this is where the real problem steps in. When i try to install it says " An internal system error has occured. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine problem."

And i checked the DXError.log and it said something about the module not being found.

Hope u can help me out =)

Make sure your graphics, sound, and mobo drivers are all up to date. You will find them all on your laptop manufacturers website.

The problem you are having is down to drivers rather than directx. Directx is sort of like a software interface between windows and your drivers and is a separate upgradeable program for compatibility reasons.

rik said:
Make sure your graphics, sound, and mobo drivers are all up to date. You will find them all on your laptop manufacturers website.

The problem you are having is down to drivers rather than directx. Directx is sort of like a software interface between windows and your drivers and is a separate upgradeable program for compatibility reasons.

kk thx for help so far =)

hey appreciate the help and all, but got a new problem. I found the radeon driver at www.omegadrivers.net, and was about to extract it with the self launching 7 zip, and it said that " C/documents and settings/desktop/and the file i had downloaded is not a valid archive." What should i do?

No problem, got it from another link :D.
I installed the newest radeon omega driver, and it helped alot in the graphics and all, but it still didn't solve my frame skip and sound choppyness problem. i also downloaded and installed the newest sound card driver, but it din't help the problem. So what should i do next. Remove dust?

Removing dust is always a good thing to do!!!!!

Cick start button then run and type "dxdiag" and have a look to see if it comes up with any problems!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back