Games lagging in single player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
Erm i hate all this introduction stuff,so i'll get to the point directly.

I have a fairly new PC,about 6 months old,and it has a pretty good conf. ( nVidia 9800 GT,3 GB RAM 2+1,Dual Core 5000+),and it used to run fine until 2 weeks ago..All the games started to lag in singleplayer,like,it'll run normally for 10 mins,and then it'll start lagging for 6-7 seconds ,the frames drop drastically ex. from 30 frames to 1-2,and then it'll be back to normal for a few minutes,then lags again,then back to normal etc..This is really annoying since i cant play any game normally..I thought that it might be some virus ,so i installed a fresh copy of Windows Xp,even changed from SP3 to SP2,i installed all the newest drivers,but the problem didnt go away..I thought that it might be the refresh rate of the monitor,so i changed it from 75 to 60/59 (Asus 19"),but that either didnt help..I thought that there might be a lot of dust on the graphic card or the cooler,but no,i opened the PC today,clean as new..So in general,i tried everything i could think of,but it didnt help me..If anyone gives me a solution i'll be very thankfull

Thanks in advance
Best Regards

Have you tried turning your AV off and disconnecting from the net while you play? You might need to add each game's folder to your AV program's exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back