Games only appear as a small screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncl1994

Now I hope this is the right forum and there was a thread like this four years ago but it's solutions weren't for this paticular problem. I have for instance pressed fn + F8 but that is my laptop's mute hotkey.

Now the specifics of the problem are that whenever I play any game well Motorcross Madness 2 and Need for Speed 4: High Stakes (apart from good old Operation Flashpoint) it only show up in a small screen like this. Now all of the games, my desktop, and my graphics card resolutions are set to 1280 X 800 X 32. It only seems to be a big problem in the menus of games.

This problem has only existed for about a week and incidentally it happened right after I randomly pressed pretty much everything on my keyboard to try and solve a problem with Motorcross Madness 2 (duh!) :eek:

I haven't changed any graphics settings on my computer that I know of so I reckon it's something I've pressed :eek:

Any ideas as to how I can sort this?

Attachments

• Game Small Screen.jpg
    Game Small Screen.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
Just by chance, it's not the in game settings is it?
ie open the game and check all settings are defaulted

Nah, definately not. Must have been something I pressed to make it display like this

Yeah, I'm pretty certain this little centred screen was caused by me pressing a key shortcut. But even after looking around on the net for ages I can't see any shortcuts to this screen resizing. :mad:

Ah, sorry Kimsland. Just by chance I found out that it was all down to my display adapter allowing borders to show. Didn't even know it had that setting. Sorry to waste your time :) but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back