Games run too fast? o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.

israfilrules

I just recently bought BG&E(and old game released sometime around 2002), But when i started it, it ran so fast i couldn't play it at all, the audio, on the other hand, played fine but was unable to catch up with the game. i played this game on a PS2 at my friends house, and it played perfectly. I tried to find a solution to this and found out that there are programs that make your PC run at maximum and slows down the game, but it doesn't work for me. any ideas? Oh and I've notice that this problem doesn't occur when playing newer games.

my computer specs:
Intel(R) i5 processor 3.20 GHz
2GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 1gig memory graphics card

Thanks in advance :)

We have had this before on TS, what do you mean by too fast? Its sped up like a Benny hill skit?

The i5 is a dual core, he meant to go into task manager and allow the game to run only on one of the cores, by setting the affinity.

again...
We have had this before on TS, what do you mean by too fast? Its sped up like a Benny hill skit?

Look at the software requirements for the game,more likely it is incompatible with Vista/7, or even XP

It's compatible with XP and thats my OS.

Minimum Required:

CPU: Intel and AMD processors, 700 Mhz
Operating System: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Memory: 64 MB with 98SE, 128MB with ME/2000/XP
Drive Space: 2.2 GB (2260 MB)
Video Card: Direct X 9 compatible with T&L and 32 MB RAM, GeForce1 256 or Radeon 7200
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible DirectX version: 9.0b

Recommended & Preferred Configuration:

CPU: Intel and AMD processors with SSE, 1.3 GHz
Operating System: Windows 2000 (service pack 4)
Memory: 128 MB RAM with 98SE, 256 MB with ME/XP/2000
Drive Space: 2.2 GB (2260 MB)
Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with T&L and 64 MB RAM, Geforce 3 or Radeon 9500
Sound Card: EAX Advanced HD compatible DirectX version: 9.0b

I assume you tried a reinstall of the game?

That is strange, now i want to know what that is.

About 10 times lol

some people say there are programs to slow down your pc, but most of them don't work and some kinda work, they just give me lags and not slow down anything

The only solutions I see are the affinity,turning off power management, and updating the dual core drivers. Other than drinking about half a dozen cans of Amp while you play...im stumped.

sure,Im still looking things up., you have my curiosity. I will post it if i see anything that is not yet tried :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back