Games run way too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjiinx

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4000+ ~600MHz and an Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS with Vista Ultimate Edition Installed and just recently, seemingly out of nowhere, the games that I was playing now run MUCH faster, like playing it in fast forward. I have AMD CoolnQuiet turned off, I installed the AMD Optimizer and still no success. The games I've tried running are Mass Effect, Portal, Assassins Creed, and Crysis. They all run way too fast. Strangely enough there's 2 games that don't run at super speeds: Ragnarok Online, and Oblivion. I have no idea what caused this as I haven't changed my hardware and I have no Idea how to fix it. I have Windows, all my drivers, and DirectX fully updated if that helps...

Here's what you do:

For each specific game, you Google the <'game name' AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4000 GeForce 8600GTS Vista Ultimate runs fast> or something similar and surf around.

A couple of those games shouldn't do this for sure on your rig, so there may be similar problems for other people.

Not the best advice but A START.

I've tried that for weeks now and I've yet to find an answer. Posting a HELP ME topic was my last resort ;_;

So, why don't YOU list what you have tried then we won't spend a bunch of time to only have you tell us you 'been there done that!'.

Ya know!

:)

I just tried reinstalling Windows, then i installed and updated crysis and it still runs too fast. could it be a problem with the cpu or heat sink compound? Before I set up the pc i took the processor out and put wt back in without applying new compound because i only had it off the motherboard for a few hours

Fixed it! I updated Direct X 9 and I uninstalled some programs and now the games don't run fast anymore! Hope this helps anyone else having this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back