GameStop begins offering in-store digital download purchases

By Emil
Aug 3, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. GameStop has decided to make it easier for PC gamers to get their hands on new releases (or so it claims). GameStop customers can now use any accepted form of…

Read the whole story
  2. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

i dont get it..
  3. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,572   +41

I will never shop at gamestop again! They did not honor there 30 return policy when I brought my game back the same day, it was dead out of the box! I had to bring it to walmart just and trick them just to get it exchanged!
  4. Why not take it a step further, and have in store file storage where customers can just plug in their portable storage and grab their file on site.
  5. We could get rid of dvds and stores would still be functional for pc games.
  6. stewi0001

stewi0001 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274

did ya lose your receipt?
  7. lmike6453

lmike6453 Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

Agree, simply set up a policy for outbound data only on their server for security.
  8. stewi0001

stewi0001 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 274

Might as well since they do those NIntendo DS promos. heck they technically don't even need a server at every store, all they would need is a special computer station connected to one uber server that has massive upload speed and the staff at store do the rest. Doing this way would also make it alot easier for them to measure data for business statisics
  9. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,231   +314

That's just plain dumb. GameStop clearly doesn't get it...
  10. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

Like I want to pay local sales tax and drive my car to play a video game.
  11. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

This is the stupidest thing I've read this week. "Power to the players"? Yeah, right. I just wish Valve bought Gamestop or something. The world would truly be a better place....
  12. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,012   +715

We might want to consider taking an "ethics" course as an elective toward any college degree...:eek:

In an effort to remain impartial, I further suggest taking the manager of your local, "Game Stop" along to class as a guest.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.