Gaming build looking for upgrade suggestions

MrBlkfx1

Hello Techspot :D
I'm looking to get some feedback concerning my gaming rig. Ive recently built this machine, maybe 6 months ago. I was thinking of adding some upgrades to enhance its gaming capabilities. Right now im working with this

Computer Specs:
Monitor: Acer AT3265 Black 32" 6.5ms HDMI LCD Monitor
Keyboard:Logitech G110 Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard
Mouse:RAZER Naga Molten Wired Laser 5600 dpi Special Edition Gaming Mouse
Optical Drive: Lite-On 24 X iHAS424-98 DVD
MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX
Case: Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX mid Tower
PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb (3.4GHz)
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster V8
GPU: SAPPHIRE 100312-1GSR Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200

I was thinking of adding another HD 6950 and grabbing a new PSU and case.
For the case i was thinking the Cooler Master HAF X and PSU CORSAIR Professional Series HX750.

But then i look at my CPU and was thinking that could be holding me back aswell.
So now I'm coming here for some more opinions. All suggestions are appreciated and Thank You! in advance.

I think you are on the right track for increasing gaming performance Blk, The 6950 scales beautifully. In most cases 80- 100%. The 600w PSU is going to be pushing it, a 750w is more in order and the HX series you listed is excellent. Your x 4 965 is not going to be a limiting factor at all. good luck with the upgrade :)

Running crossfire setup with 750HX and it's been great so far. One of our members Leeky hasn't been so lucky with Corsair PSUs, and found it expensive to RMA from UK back to Corsair in Holland, I'd guess USA have a RMA location closer to them than there!
I had to RMA some ram to them and cost £11 for recorded/insured delivery when the ram is only valued at £50-60.

With what you currently have you don't really need to upgrade. Everything looks pretty solid and as Red said, the 965 should not be holding you back. If you haven't already, you should look into OCing it for an extra boost. I say hold out and wait to see what both AMD & Nvidia have lined up in the next few months on the GPU side and possibly see what Ivy Bridge brings in the coming months before diving into any upgrade.

However if you are dead-set on wanting to upgrade I second the 6950 crossfire suggestion as that seems like the best place to upgrade outside of getting an SSD for an overall performance boost.

Back