Gaming/editing laptop suggestions?

By HeadFonez
Apr 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, first of all I want to say: Thank you so much for helping me find my Laptop!
    Criteria:
    I would like to play games like Starcraft 2, Counterstrike, TF2, CoD, etc. on the go at Medium Settings and a playable FPS.
    I want the laptop to have a good enough CPU power and RAM so I can video edit 720p videos.
    The lowest hard drive space I need would be around 200GB.
    Maybe VGA port?
    (My aimed price would be as cheapest as you can find? or lower than 1000$)
    Notes:
    My friend was talking about the E350 AMD Processor?

Thank you!!! :D
  2. Ghosty Dog

Ghosty Dog Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

3. HeadFonez

HeadFonez Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 56

My Desktop doesn't even have an i7 0_o since i'm going to be using it for 4 years, would it be wise to buy it and keep good care? or just buy a cheaper one and switch in like a year or 2?
  4. Ghosty Dog

Ghosty Dog Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

I'd be buying the Inspiron. Enjoy a good machine and gaming experience for three or four years, rather than stressing a low end machine that offers less performance and more frustration.
    You're not going to get a decent laptop graphics card for handling high-end games, by paying two or three hundred less than this Inspiron. It's a good machine, and excellent value for what you want, under $1000.
  5. HeadFonez

Thanks man! will see if I can get a better price somewhere, my father has connections at a computer store :D
  6. HeadFonez

7. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,356   +122

Slightly better.
    If possible, it'd be best to avoid a laptop, but I'm assuming it's not...and no you won't really be able to get what you're looking for under $1000, maybe not even at $1000 depending on your idea of playable framerates.
  8. CAMusing

CAMusing TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 328

9. HeadFonez

Thank you CAM musing C: getting the XPS 17 with the GT 555M Thanks to everyone who helped :D
  10. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,525   +313

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.