Gaming graphic problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccelDrag

Hello people:) .I have a problem with my graphics card and I just wondering If you can help me(I hope so).I was playing mohaa with my old card(diamond viper 550-RIVA TNT) but now,after the installation of my new one(PixelView Geforce 4MX 440) I can't do it anymore.When the game reaches the first gameplay screen It collapses.It makes a shake and after stays there.Nothing moving.But as I saw the hd keeps reading for 5 seconds.So I conclude that the problem is something between my card and the monitor:( .I had disable the direct 3d from the dxdiag and the game worked for 1 minute,but then the system collapsed again.After,when I did it again(diasabling)it worked like the first time(collapsing at the first gameplay screen).I had thought about the vertical sync(due to the shake at the time it collapses)but when I disabled it from the drivers options,it didn't change nothing.Also to mention,I downloaded the latest version of the drivers and I am using directx9.Anyone knowing something that could help me?

the first thing I would try is uninstalling MOHAA and then reinstalling it. some games do not react well to changes in video cards.

ok so what OS are you using and what are your system specs? mobo processor etc. also did you uninstall the drivers for your previous card before installing the new ones?

I am suprised you got the game to play on your system in the first place. below are the offical Minimum system requirements.

Minimum:
Pentium III 450 MHz, 128 MB RAM, Windows XP/ME/2000/98/95 (Windows NT not supported), DirectX 8.0, 16 MB DirectX-compatible, OpenGL-capable video card, DirectX-compatible sound card, 1.2 GB hard-disk space, and 8x CD-ROM drive.

Recommended:
Pentium III 700 MHz and 32 MB DirectX-compatible, OpenGL-capable video card

Don't be surprised iss.If you lower some of the details,everything plays fine.In multiplayer I play in full detail.
The point is that reminding me the requirements,didn't help.I am a graduate student far from my home.The "good" pc,is back at my home.Except this the only thing I miss from the msr is the cpu.But I don't have problems with the that.As I said with my old card,the game plays in full detail,at multiplayer.So If you have more specific information to give me...

my guess is that your new card is making greater demands on your system causing the game to crash to the desktop. you might try one of the tweaking utilities that allow you to build a custom gaming profile so you can cut things to the bare minimum and see if the game will play then.

I already did it.The game crashes everytime.Even I have the lowest graphic details.I already mention that the game doesn't crash to the desktop.The display make the "shake" and the game stop working.I saw my hd working 5-10s after the crash,so I think this isn't a problem of the whole system but something about the card and the m/b.I was afraid about the voltage of the agp port,but in other games,the screen makes the "shake" but it doesn't crash.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back