Gaming Issues (Installed Win 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoot4thrill

PROBLEM:
The game freezes mid game when playing SP or MP. When the screen freezes the colors change to random ones or in the case of CoD4 the colors change before the freeze happens but lets me play for a minute or two before it completely freezes. In CoD4 the game also says that iw3mp.exe isn't responding when this happens.

The Games:
CoD4
Left 4 Dead

The System:
To the right of my user name.

Drivers:
Realtek Ethernet and HD Audio drivers (downloaded from the gigabyte [my motherboards] website)
195.62 GTX 280 Driver (most recent)

These games worked fine when gaming on Vista Ultimate 64-bit. The only variables changed besides the windows version is the Realtek drivers. I originally used the CD that came with the motherboard and downloaded the drivers from there. Since I now have Windows 7 I decided to go directly to the site and download the drivers.

Possible Fixes:
Install the newest Realtek drivers directly from the Realtek website.

I would love to fix this ASAP because I usually game every day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Game Settings:
Every setting is on high and the resolution is 1680x1050

Other:
My GPU IS NOT overheating, nor is the CPU. The GPU is not OC'd as of now but the CPU is to 4.0GHz.

Do all other games work perfectly without any such issues? If so, then have you tried reinstalling the games in question?

The games are newly installed, it would be pointless to reinstall them. These are the only games I have tried so far. I still have yet to try CoD WaW and Crysis Warhead.

I think I spot a problem.

Try and set your CPU clock back to original spec, and try again.

Oh and, you didn't mentioned that your COD4 is already patched to latest version.

I believe that the common rule of thumbs of this problem, is that overclocked system tend to crash more often than the stock system, while playing the game.

My system has been overclocked since day one of gaming so I don't consider that a changed variable.

COD4 is patched to the latest version as are all of my games.

I seem to have fixed the problem. I uninstalled the Realtek Audio driver and downloaded the latest Realtek Ethernet driver directly from their site and all seems to be working now.

Also, I'd like to add that Windows 7 goes into an infinite reboot when I restart my computer with an ipod shuffle plugged into the USB port. Once I unplug the ipod the system boots back up like normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back