Gaming laptop advice

ElShotte

Okay, so I am ready to purchase a nice little gaming laptop. I am looking for something that will be a sturdy replacement for my desktop but offer mobility.

Here's my list of requirements:

• Has to have a backlit keyboard.
  • Decent video card, minimum GTX 560 or equivalent.
  • 17" Screen size with a resolution of 1680x1060 or 1600x900 preferred.
  • Bland looks, solid case. Something you can bring into a professional environment.

Im strongly leaning towards a Toshiba Qosmio X770, but I'm not liking the fact that it's restricted to the paint job with red accents, plus the body looks kinda weak/flimsy. I don't like the way the ASUS laptops look, I hate the fact that the body extends past the screen. The MSI laptops look decent as well. I'd get a MacBook Pro if they had better video cards. Also, I even thought about building my own from a barebone system, but I cant find any place that sells laptop parts (CPU's, Video Cards).

Thanks for everyone's input.

Yeah I did actually. I forgot to mention they look like toys, hence I'm strongly discouraged from buying one.

Yeah, I saw the Sager's too, and they do look sweet, but from the look of it, only their NP9270 notebook (which is coming mid April) will have a backlit keyboard, and with a starting price tag of $2,899 it's a little past my budget.

You've clearly had your won experiences, but I am 100% convinced that desktop and portable laptop wins every time on cost, performance and 'upgradability'.

Back