Gaming laptop under $1,000

Hey guys! I am looking for a gaming laptop that would be handle games like BF3, TF2, L4D2, Etc. but I am having trouble finding out what would be the best computer for the lowest price. I need some suggestions! The cheaper the better and the appeal is important to me. I would like to be able to run the games listed above with like 60+ fps. Please leave some suggestions

Option 1:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A

Has a GTX660M, 8GB of RAM, 3rd Gen i7, and a 1080P display. It comes with Windows 8 since the Windows 7 ones are gone. I wouldn't recommend this at this moment since last week there were 2 other models with a 500GB HDD @7200rpms, which is what you want, not 5400RPM. They are sold out though, maybe they will replenish for xmas since revenues will be released for Q4 soon, or maybe not. Also the 660M may struggle at 60fps on BF @ 1080p, it will play high at constant 40-50 fps (guessing from past experience but not completely sure)

Option 2:
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=9

Chose from the configuration you would like. This is MUCH more custimizable and they are great laptops, I would recommend this more.

After research, the [FONT=Arial]NP6350 is the best deal, it is the same price as the Lenovo once you add the i7 for 70 bucks since the base i5 is only dual core, and you get a free 750GB 7200RPM drive which you do not get in the lenovo. If you are playing on wireless, I recommend the [/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 controller to be added in[/FONT]

I was actually looking around and found this: http://www.xoticpc.com/force-qal51hd-compal-qal51-p-4808.html
do you think that would be any good?
it is fine, but I have never heard of them, and I am kinda not really liking them so far since they said under the 650M, 2048mb of Gddr3, which is not right, it is really GDDR5. The 650 wont play BF3 at ultra at 60fps, the pc I sent you will play it fine at high/ultra @ like 40-50fps. The 650 may struggle at 1080 at ultra. Your choice if you are not picky about graphics, L4D2 and TF2 are built on a old engine that will play very well on the 650

Yea graphics dont meant that much too me, I mean they are nice dont get me wrong but they dont really bug me. Thanks man! I like those computers too, I appreciate your time!

Look at here, this site offers a few gaming laptops under $1000 with great performance. And you can look into the comparison in the features

Look at here, this site offers a few gaming laptops under $1000 with great performance. And you can look into the comparison in the features
All those laptops suck... the cards are so weak. Also Never game on Vaios or Toshibas since you cannot update Graphics drivers from nvidia or AMD and the ones from the manufacturer are very outdated

there is a fairly substantial performance difference between the two. Not saying it CAN run it on ultra, maybe high/ultra though.
I could have sworn he said play at high at one point. But I am looking back and he said just 60+FPS. But still, the 650M isnt worth the $1100 price tag

Well 60fps,
go on low details on everything on 800x600 resolution and you can play 60fps with that card lol

I think the Lenove Y580 is great, no matter the graphic card or processor, my friend buy this one, he can play Skyrim around 50 fps at high settings.

I think the Lenove Y580 is great, no matter the graphic card or processor, my friend buy this one, he can play Skyrim around 50 fps at high settings.
its arrogant to imply that a model laptop can play skyrim regardless of its graphics card or processor. In the end, the only differences between models are built quality, bloatware, and feature stuff (Ports, bluetooth, that kind of thing). What MATTERS is the graphics card and processor (among a few other things)-not the model.

Skyrim isnt even a demanding game. The 650M in SLI in the new Y500 seems awesome... but people say the performance is just a bit more than the 660m in the y580 while just getting hotter.

its arrogant to imply that a model laptop can play skyrim regardless of its graphics card or processor. In the end, the only differences between models are built quality, bloatware, and feature stuff (Ports, bluetooth, that kind of thing). What MATTERS is the graphics card and processor (among a few other things)-not the model.

Don't forget the RAM :) it matters a lot!
here you can fine more gaming laptops under $1000, hope this helps

Back