Gaming mouse pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch04

hi not sure if im putting this on right thread but im looking for a good mouse pad for gaming prepaired to spend $35

thank you

Not in my book....

I personally use the eXactmat, but even with my aging MX500, its still pretty slick.

I've also personally tried the Steelpad with a brand new G5, and its much more slick. However, might wear out faster than the almost 2 year old eXactmat....

Not a big fan of anything wireless, which is why I went for the G5, instead of the G7. When we're spending AUD$150 on mouse and mousepad, I don't think an extra 20 dollars for the wireless is going to be a huge issue....

Basically, hate changing batteries 2 times a day. Or having to stop using the computer because the mouse needs to recharge.

However, if you are still keen, I still think the G7 would be a better choice, the MX Revolution's design is quite new, and alot more different to the other MX mice (like my 500), which could be why I didn't like the feel of it.

hey yeh i was thinking about getting the SteelPad 5L but its like $55 dont want to spend that much. has anyone tried the Razer Exactmat wiht rest bundle. Razer Mat

thanks

Makes me wonder if you've been reading my posts....

But for a little more info, the eXactmat is great on good mice, but I really need to test it on a brand new mouse, as the feet on my MX500 is wearing off, and its not as slick as I remember it.

And I've tried it with cheapo microsoft/logitech mice, they're crap on it. Never use cheap mice on an eXactmat.

I would've gone with new feet, but its gonna cost about as much as a brand new MX518 off ebay incl shipping.... I might as well get the 518.

I actually did order one, but for some reason or another it won't work right. The replacement didn't work neither, so I returned it and got a refund. Wouldn't work on all 3 of the computers I have, so I reckon the whole batch they got were bugged.

Right now, I'm just waiting to get back to Melb (I live rural) for a weekend or so, and pick a G5 right off the shelf. No dealing with dodgy eBay merchants there.

(p.s. I bought my trusty MX500 from the same dealer as the MX518)

I am a Custom PC builder and avid gamer and have researched every piece of hardware imaginable. Everyones gonna have their opinion as to which is he best. So you need to go with whats best for you.

IMO.....

Best Gaming Mouse all around......feel, amount of programmable buttons, DPI.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178

Dont spend alot of money on the mouse pad......I found this manufacturer about 2 years ago and still using the pad:

http://www.mygamecontroller.com/home.htm

I use the Black Knight XH. Awesome pad!

Good Luck in your search!

I must say the MX518 is among the best mice in the world, and until the new version of the G5 came out, I reckon it was.

But I also believe that the best mouse in the world is the one you're most comfortable with, so it is very important that you actually physically try it out. At least have a feel of it. The best thing you can do in this regard is actually get hold of one, and use it for as long as your longest gaming sessions. Which means it can be upwards of 36 hours straight for some people :D

If you're perfectly happy with it, with the number of buttons, feel, etc, and have no grieviances (other than price), then its the perfect mouse for you.

As far as mousepads go, again, its the feel of it. Some people might not be very interested in a super-slick mousepad, and others cant have anything other than totally unrestricted movement. Size is another important factor (I've seen people playing CS requiring 1m of mouse space :D. Can't say they were good at the game though...). I was used to having a hardcover textbook back in highschool, and thought there was no use spending money on a mousepad, but my latest acquisition (eXactmat) proved that spending money could actually enhance your gaming experience. Or at least reduce the number of times you missed that headshot due to the mouse not being slick enough.....

All boils down to personal preference.

A 'gaming' mouse pad?

Why not just practise and better your skills, instead of being consumer *****s who will reach into their pockets and happily give their money for anything that has the word 'gaming' in front of it?

Is there anything else out there for gaming which is wireless, Or is the G7 the best wireless gaming mouse?.

BLASPHEMER! The merchant God Tog clearly states in the fifth book of the “Exulted Teaching of Tog,” third book of Lorg, chapter three, fourth verse,

“Be fruitful and buy, and let not the world dissuade you and your kin.”

Clearly we are to go out and make babies and consume goods. Our kin are also to make babies and consume goods.

My gaming mouse pad is my table, ultra slick, masive amouns of room, best mouse pad evar. Much better than the 5 free ones my PC place gave me for free because I bought a computer, btw who the hell would make circular mouse pads anyway, maybe its just me but my display isn't in circular format so when ever you want to go the the corner of your screen the mouse falls of the pad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back