TechSpot

Gaming PC around $500-600?

By cksmith91
Dec 2, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, I am new to this site, but it looks like a great place to start.
    I am currently using a laptop computer, but am having problems with it and would like to get a desktop for a seriously better gaming experience.
    I will be using the computer to play World of Warcraft, use facebook and surfing the web, such as ebay and that sort of thing.
    My budget is about $500, if I have to go a little over I may be able to come up with $600.
    I have never built a computer and have no idea how to get started, but I hear it is cheaper. I would kind of like a pre-built, but if it really isn't hard to do or someone has a really good guide on how to build one that would be great, and I may be able to try it, I'm just worried about ordering the stuff and then not being able to put it all together... Or are there any websites that build it when I order it or anything?
    I will be building completely from scratch as I have nothing yet, so I will also need all of the peripherals.Thanks ahead of time, I really appreciate any and all help! =D
    Also I do not know a lot of computer jargon, I am learning as I go so please bear with me

2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

Here's a buyers guide from TechSpot for a $500 PC. You can add better hardware if you can go to $600.
    As far as building a PC, there are guides online and on YouTube. It's not very hard but it can be overwhelming if you've never done it before.
    http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page2.html

3. cksmith91

cksmith91 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks JMMD, I may be able to spring the extra $100, do you have any suggestions?

4. cksmith91

cksmith91 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I want to add, I would also like to play the Sims games on it if possible, so Wow, Sims 2 (maybe 3), facebook, and just internet surfing

5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,075   +84 Staff Member

You going to reuse anything from your old setup? Optical drive? Peripherals?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.