Gaming PC build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkz

Well this pc is for a friend, i made a build couple months ago, or was it 1 month? i dont know xD but Rage helped me a lot, and yesh it runs fiiine ^^ Thx a lot btw..

Well he wants a cheap pc for Gaming, and some photoshop/video editting, fraps and some other stuff.. Everything..

Well the budget is around 1300$

I bought some parts in december, people here helped me and i made my lil ''monster'' hehe.. Ok so..

He wants:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q95502.83GHz LGA 775 95W
GPU: XFX HD-487A-ZDDC Radeon HD 4870 XXX 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0
RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 32mb Cache
CASE: Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (Dvd burner included)

Now the probs is what MoBo and what PSU and what CPU coolig he shud get for them, i was checking the same i have, an Asus P5Q but im not sure.(im kida nooby still :p)

I have a ''P5Q'' board, the fan i have is a ''OCZ vendetta 2'' and a ''corsair 650w'' PSU.. Maybe those works for him as well?

Thx in advance!

With that much going on and if you play on eventually upgrading, I'd suggest 800+ Watts PSU and for the PCU cooler a Tuniq tower could be nice.

When it comes down to mobo you should know EXACTLY what you need for you to choose the right one.

I'd recommend a 850 psu or better. If he's not clocking anything passed stock he can get away with 700~750. If you can afford it the thermalrite hr 120 for 775 sockets..

What size monitor and resolution does he have or will he be getting?

GTX 285
Phenom II 940
Asus M3n-HT Deluxe
Themaltake Armor+ MX(Best case ive owned)

and those are my main specs im not going to recommend my PSU cause it sucks

Arkz said:
I have a ''P5Q'' board, the fan i have is a ''OCZ vendetta 2'' and a ''corsair 650w'' PSU.. Maybe those works for him as well?
They would, yes, although I would recommend the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 for a CPU cooler, unless the Vendetta 2 can be had for cheaper. He could get also get a modular PSU like the Corsair 620HX in place of the 650TX, and a GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard instead of a P5Q-based one.

I would recommend a larger case than the Antec Nine Hundred though. The Antec Twelve Hundred, Thermaltake's Armor and Kandalf, and Cooler Master's Stacker cases are the ones you should pick from. If the budget allows, get a Lian-Li PC-A70B (or any other Lian-Li for that matter, they're all superb).

I doubt hes going to upgrade, he just broke his piggy lol!

I just checked the 620HX, and well, i saw a thermaltake tough power 650w =S could he get away with that? Since the 620hx is juz 620, but i dont know..

Well i changed the vendetta for the xigma and changed to Twelve hundred case.. Not planning to overclock or anything.. so you shouldnt worry about thinking it xD

So its:

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred
CPU: Core2Quad q9550
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500gb
GPU: Radeon HD4870
PSU: Corsair 620HX or Thermaltake ToughPower 650w (?)
MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P (This one looks fine ^^ and a good price btw..)
Ram: G.Skill 4x2gb 1066mhz..
Cooler: Xigmatek HDT-S1283

At newegg the Xigmatek cooler is cheaper than amazon OCZ vendetta so, chose that one..

Well guess that's it o.o.. isn't?

Still i dont know about the PSU :p if a 620HX is better than the ThermaToughPower guess i'll go for that one..

Thx a lot Rage xD Btw, the one u helped me to build runs nice, i photoshop and multitask and runs smooth ^^! Im very happy with it..

Funny how i made mine with 900$ and now everyone asks me to build one T_T.. Guess i shud learn to stop bothering you guys >_<..

Don't know if this matters but the monitor will be a LG 22'' one..

Thx a lot to all of you!

Arkz~

The ToughPower, while a great PSU, is not modular like the 620HX and lacks the superior build quality of the Corsair PSU. Plus, the 620HX comes with a $30 rebate and free shipping at Newegg, making it a much better buy than the Thermaltake, especially since Corsair's known for always honoring their rebates.

And you're very welcome, I'm glad you like your PC. It's never a bother for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back