Gaming PC need an overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor

hey guys

I need a new CPU and MOBO, I think my one cord is not up to the task any more :<

The important thing is that I wanted the new CPU and mobo to be compatible with my current ram (CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit) - I also brought other similar one, so i should have 2 gig when i do my next upgrade :>

Heres my video card if anyone want to know: POWERCOLOR 1900XT512OEM Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - OEM

The reason I wanted to upgrade my PC is due to my low FPS when playing Clive Barker's Jericho Demo. When I active Frap the game FPS drop from 65 FPS to 15, so I want a PC that let me play that game at 40+ FPS when Frap is activated.

Appreciate in advance

so I want a PC that let me play that game at 40+ FPS when Frap is activated.

That is almost impossible unless you work for NASA or something :haha:

I think your RAM is most likely the problem since CPU and the Mobo almost have nothing to do with your lag ( because FRAPs doesn't take that much CPU usage, it's the real-time recording that does )

my computer ( befor I sold, it's the one when you click "See Computer Specs thing" ) has 2gigs of RAM and before when I only had 1 my FPS would be really low during recordings, when I upgraded to 2gigs it would go from 20fps to about 45fps

Also your RAM is hold because it's DDR1 184-pin PC3200 ( about 2-3 years old? ) so maybe upgrading to DDR2 800 would do the trick as well lol

hey sounds good timepardox!

will the DDR2 800 compatible with my current mobo? xD
if so any recommendation ^^

thz m8

If you link me your mobo on newegg or something then i'll check, Most mobos these days are pretty cheap ( from $50-120 ) that can run with DDR2 RAM, if your mobo probably can't since the RAM slots are 184-pin and newer RAM has like 240-pin or something, so i'll look up some good RAM + Mobo for a cheap price!! :D

The only problem you might have is that since your mobo is old (sortof), you might have to upgrade the CPU aswell :(

If your Mobo now supports AM2 CPU slot then it'll be all good though :D

RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590

Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131014

CPU ( If Needed ): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103759

This list isn't the best or cheapest you could find, but it's good enough :p

will the DDR2 800 compatible with my current mobo?
It's unlikely. If you have 184 pin DDR RAM now, you won't be able to fit 240 pin DDR2 RAM. It's likely your old motherboard is a socket 939 AMD CPU motherboard.

thx guys appreciate it xD

I'll book mark this page for my next upgrade, those are good and affordable deal! i like it

PS. how do i add my system spec feature like you guys have?

the thing just right below our location and member since:

example:

System specs

: D

Go to edit your user profile. There is a new box to check to allow everyone to see your system specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back