Gaming performance help

Phuxurmom

Hello,
I have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer
Such As:
- If my Laptop is the problem
- If I have enough specs to run games
- Tell me my problem

So I have been big on gaming for a while an I'm getting tired of lag...
I run a game between 10-25 fps and the rare 30-35fps ON LOW EVERYTHING...

My laptops specs are:
3gb RAM
32bit Windows 7
AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72
2.10GHZ
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card
Up to 111GB of space on 2 Local Disks
C: has 31GB left
D: Has 83GB left <-- Most of my games
150k/ps of speed to myself to my self (no other computers can take up bandwidth)

So yeah.. why can't i play games that recommend less then what I have?....

Thanks in advance!

Overall that is a decent laptop for many things but as HK says for gaming, primarily due to the graphics, it is not designed to be a gamer.

Unless your going to spend big $ into a gaming laptop the desktop is where it really is at for PC gaming.

Are you having issues with all games or just some?

Check how many processes you are running via Task Manager. Sometimes you can have a huge amount, and CPU usage will 50%+ just on the desktop because of recourse-hogs.

As HK already pointed out, your laptop is going to have a tough time with gaming especially in games like Aion. However it does seem strange that your getting terrible fps in a game like Maplestory. The game was released like five-six years ago and you easily exceed the required specs. Double check that you're not running resource intensive programs like Stick suggested while gaming.

I really wish you would stop mincing words
Really? I think it gets the point across better; you know those people who are like "but no no wait my laptop should do better it cost me twice as much as my desktop!" or something...

EDIT: Actually I think i'm getting more terse.

Can anyone tell me the process's that my computer need so i can remove the rest of them?

Image Name | CUP | Memory
atiedxx ------ 00--- --- 872k
avgtray ------ 00 --- --- 1,112k
CCC ------ 00 --- --- 2,704k
csrss --- --- 00 --- --- 1,088k
dwm --- --- 00 --- --- 13,456k
explorer --- --- 00 --- --- 17,428k
iTunesHelper ------ 00 --- --- 2,624k
justched --- --- 00 --- --- 584k
MOM --- --- 00 --- --- 2.172k
MWSOEMON --- --- 00 --- --- 460k
RocketDock --- --- 00 --- --- 2,540k
taskhost --- --- 00 --- --- 1,176k
taskmgr --- --- 01 --- --- 1,780k
TSVNCache --- --- 00 --- --- 1,408k
winlogon --- --- 00 --- --- 1,128k
xDaemon --- --- 00 --- --- 2,748k

Sorry for the bad lining centering codes don't work

I would definitely get rid of iTunesHelper out of the startup, aside from that, you're pretty clean.
Rocket dock is pretty useful, but its not necessary obviously, but I'd keep it for functionality.
Since you're pretty clean, you likely won't be getting any real improvements game-wise.

Mo definitely...getting crabby in our old age?
Yeah i'm getting older...and have more responsibility :(.

What games are we talking about? That lappy seems pretty much the same as my friends, and yes his lags in everything. CSS can be played with a few things set to medium though, and max res..

What games are we talking about? That lappy seems pretty much the same as my friends, and yes his lags in everything. CSS can be played with a few things set to medium though, and max res..
things like:
Aion
BlackShot
Vindictus
SC2
A.V.A
Combat Arms

Pretty sure CA is slightly more demanding than CSS, so that would all be on low I'd say.

Also note that min specs on games don't say anything about the resolution.. could be 600x480 they are using.

Pretty sure CA is slightly more demanding than CSS, so that would all be on low I'd say.

Also note that min specs on games don't say anything about the resolution.. could be 600x480 they are using.

so trying other game res's may help?

so trying other game res's may help?
You should have everything set to low with a computer like that.
Anyway. the answer to your original question, if there is anything wrong with your computer, no there isn't; it's just not good enough.

Back