Gaming performance problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone, i'm new to this forum. i have a huge problem and i'm going to try to be very detailed so i can get the best available help from you all. ok, me and my wife has 2 computers and we play second life (not sure if any of you heard of it or not). my problem is, she uses windows vista and i use windows xp. i have 1.5gb's of ram, she has 1gb of ram. my processor is intel 2.4 ghz and she has amd 2.1 ghz. i use the nvidia geforce 6200 and she uses nvidia geforce 6150. i have a dell demension 2400 computer and she has e-machine t5234 computer. when she plays her game, her graphics looks much more fluent and faster than my computer. my graphics and animations are very blocky, choppy, kinda laggy if you understand what i'm trying to say. i've even updated my video card drivers and chip set drivers. how come my gaming performance isnt as good as hers and what can i do to increase my gaming performance before i give in and buy another computer exactly like hers or similar with windows vista?

Try turning up Anti-Aliasing or a different filtering mode in the games options.

Is it choppy or slow in the means of FPS (frames per second)?

Her current rig may seem like it is worse than yours but she actually has a better setup than you.

On her side

1. She has a Dual-Core processor, you have a single core processor.
2. I believe her memory, or RAM, is DDR2 while you might just have DDR.

On your side

1. Her graphics are integrated and yours aren't
2. Vista usually causes games to preform less than on XP

I would recommend buying a new computer or a new graphics card.

With your current specs spending money on upgrades would be more costly and wouldn't perform as well as just buying a new setup. If you don't have very much to spare than a new graphics card would help but I wouldn't recommend spending to much on it.

Another thing that may be slowing you down is viruses/malware on your system. If you did happen to have these that could easily decrease performance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back