Gaming related issues

First of all, I'm leaving here are my computer specs: http://i47.tinypic.com/2w6grv9.jpg

It seems everything recent I play lags like hell, specially games like Assassins Creed, where even the cut-scenes are just unwatchable!
Mostly, I would love to be able to play Skyrim and Gw2 decently, without having 5FPS everytime there's fire or smoke.
I would like to know whats my major problem right now. I was about to buy a new Graphics Card, but I just dont know if it would help me at all, im a real dummie when it comes to this stuff.
I appreciate any help in advance :)

You need a better graphics card. As for suggesting, Their are a lot of folks who help you out here, Just hold on and I am sure someone will get back to you.

You certainly don't have a gaming video card, nor much of a CPU either. :( sorry What is the screen resolution of your monitor and how much you think you want to spend on your new GAMING video card?

Thank you for the reply :)
My res is 1920x1080
Im still not certain of how much I can spend on the card, I know I dont want anything too fancy, just something cheap that allows me to play and not lag everytime theres a bit of smoke or light (light issues are a real pain with skyrim's spells)

XFX RADEON HD 4890 1Gb

A friend can get me this for 20€, you guys think I should get it for what im looking for?

The 4890 is indeed still a great card for its age, but modern cards will use a lot less power (so less heat for the cooler to have to deal with) and can use dx11 (though only a handful of games truly support this still). With a jump that big you may need a new PSU as well, nothing under 450 watts for that card, since under load that gpu can pull upwards of 200 watts, not sure the requirements on the rails, but a good 400-500 watt should meet its needs perfectly. And also the entire hd2000, hd3000, and hd4000 series are now on legacy driver support from AMD meaning we won't get driver updates for every game for every month, just something too think about. For a modern card that won't break the bank but can do some gaming as well I would suggest the gt 640.

I'd give the HD 4890 a try. You can't beat the price, but you will need a quality power supply to run the thing.

Back