Gaming Rig Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

Hi guys. Next week I'm building a new gaming machine for my friend. These are the specs:

CPU - Intel Core i5 750
Motherboard - MSI P55-GD65
Graphics Card - Palit GTX 275
RAM - Corsair XMS3 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333
PSU - Corsair 650TX
Case - Antec 300

Just want your opinions. Also is Palit a decent brand for a gfx card? It's coming to about Rs. 3000 cheaper than XFX / EVGA.

Thanks.

I run a Palit 9600GT PCI-e 2.0 512mb/256bit/GDDR3 in my socket 939 and it is very stable. No issues at all though my mobo won't run at 2.0.

Palit is not bad; certainly better than Jetway or ECS! They are on par with the likes of MSI and Zotac.

I would recommend a Gigabyte or ASUS mobo instead however, if the price difference is not too large. Ditto for a 1600MHz 4GB kit. You can drop down to a 550VX if the latter are eating into the budget and your friend is not going to use a dual-card config.

What monitor is he going to be using?

The DDR3 1600MHz kit is becoming quite a bit more expensive.

Gigabyte P55 mobos don't seem to be available. The only ASUS board available is the ASUS P7P55D PRO which is priced at about Rs. 3500 - 4000 more.

As for the PSU, the 550VX is about Rs. 1000 cheaper than the 650TX. But my friend may consider an SLI setup sometime in future. I had recommended that he go for the HD 5850 and think of Crossfire later but the card is not yet available here. Added to that, my friend is an Intel / nVidia fanboy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back