Garbage Finder

circusboy01

Ever since I Installed/uninstalled A Daily Download from Kim Komando called Garbage Finder.I'm having some problems.First let me tell you a little about GF. It's supposed to find and remove bits and pieses of unneeded info. Old files,and stuff.
One of the things it deemed unnecessary was Malwarebytes. So it got rid of it. One of the things it kept was Spyder Solitaide. (you don't want to uninstall Spyder Solitaire.You'll Blue Screen for sure.):rolleyes:
Anyway problems:I use a Neatgear wireless USB adapter to get online. Ever since GF
I have to use the start up disk that came with it Like I'm installing it for the very first time. Yesterday, and the day before. When I was typing. Some times the words wouldn't appear until 2 or 3 seconds later. Then they would apear a word at a time
Hasn't done that yet today. But it's still early yet
I'll try to quicken this up. I reinstalled all the things it removed, and did a full scan wit all my Protection. (clean) I tried to do a System Restore. But, I let too many days go by, I couldn't find a restore point that went back before the install/uninstall of Garbage Finder. Any ideas how to fix things so I don't have to keep using my USB adapter start up disk,and how to speed up my typing ? Thanks CB

Ever since I Installed/uninstalled A Daily Download from Kim Komando called Garbage Finder.I'm having some problems.First let me tell you a little about GF. It's supposed to find and remove bits and pieses of unneeded info. Old files,and stuff.
One of the things it deemed unnecessary was Malwarebytes. So it got rid of it. One of the things it kept was Spyder Solitaide. (you don't want to uninstall Spyder Solitaire.You'll Blue Screen for sure.):rolleyes:
Anyway problems:I use a Neatgear wireless USB adapter to get online. Ever since GF
I have to use the start up disk that came with it Like I'm installing it for the very first time. Yesterday, and the day before. When I was typing. Some times the words wouldn't appear until 2 or 3 seconds later. Then they would apear a word at a time
Hasn't done that yet today. But it's still early yet
I'll try to quicken this up. I reinstalled all the things it removed, and did a full scan wit all my Protection. (clean) I tried to do a System Restore. But, I let too many days go by, I couldn't find a restore point that went back before the install/uninstall of Garbage Finder. Any ideas how to fix things so I don't have to keep using my USB adapter start up disk,and how to speed up my typing ? Thanks CB

Are you sure you got it from Kim? I ask because I too get her newsletters which I just did a search for in my inbox & at her website & came up blank in both places.

Are you sure you got it from Kim? I ask because I too get her newsletters which I just did a search for in my inbox & at her website & came up blank in both places.

Well I know it was a Daily Download. One of those free for a day things. Now I don't remember seeing that it was from Kim when I downloaded it. But, I wasn't really looking Saw another Daily Download today, and it was from Kim. I don't remember what it was for. I already sent it to the trash. Now if Daily Downloads come from a source, other than Kim. Maybe it wasn't from her. But, If she is the only one that offers Daily Downloads, in E-Mails, then she must be the source CB

Think you'll find it was on 'Giveawayoftheday' on 18 July.
I use CCleaner, it gives me no problems at all.

Think you'll find it was on 'Giveawayoftheday' on 18 July.
I use CCleaner, it gives me no problems at all.

I'm sure you're right.. I went into my e-mail trash to see if I could find it. Must have looked at the wrong line or something. I also use CCleaner and it works great. Don't know why I installed Garbage Finder. Sometimes I just have a lapse of good judgement CB

Kindly ignore post 3. Mike1959 showed me that it was Giveawayoftheday not Daily downloads CB

Back