TechSpot

Gartner: Half of all new smartphones run Android

By Rick
Nov 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. According to a third quarter analysis performed by Gartner, Google's Android continues to pick up steam. Out of 115 million smartphones shipped worldwide, Android was stamped on about 60 million of…

Read the whole story
  2. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

'Microsoft' includes both Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7. I think it's safe to say that the loss comes at Windows Mobile's expense and not Windows Phone 7's.
  3. Yes, that might be so. But it still tells us a story about how poorly Windows Phone 7 is performing. It's out for a while now, and it still has a dismissal smartphone share.
  4. Ya I think Apples share will shoot up once the iPhone 4s Sales are added in. I know lots of people who waited for the new phone. One nice thing I like about the iPhone is on Verizon at least they don't load any of Verizon's bloatware or outside advertising on the phone. That is a big thing to me. I hope other manufactures stand up to Verizon.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.