Gateway 831gm & Geforce 6200 pci card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have intel accelorator 900 onboard and have aquired the 6200...prob is i get gate logo and xp load bar screen and then nada...why? do i need to disable the onboard graphics card ? gaming runs along nfs:black edition ,psychonauts,juiced,etc....no high end graphics games..is it worth changing the graphics card ?

You installed a new VPU, now your PC hangs at the XP loading screen? Try and be a bit more specific as to what your issue is.

gateway and 6200

well i dont know how much more specific you want....get gateway logo and xp loading screen and then nada.........that means after that i have a black screen...no welcome screen no desktop screen....nada

k wel if u git nada u miht haf corupt boot sektr or sumthin lyk dat. try windoez repare instal or sumthing. nut sure sry!

i have installed video cards in other machines with no problems. after the xp loading screen w/bar the screen goes black and stays that way...what i am asking is there the possibility of a conflict between the onboard video w/integrated memory and the 6200 w/256 dedicated...do i need to disable the intel for the 6200 to work ?

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. If you can disable the onboard video in the BIOS or via a physical jumper, go for it.

Can you boot into Safe Mode with the 6200?

i havent tried that..i was so surprised by the blank screen...it seems by sound as though everything is working as usual with the exception of the black screen...i can hear my mail alert so i assume that xp has loaded...i can reformat hds(fat32-ntfs) and convert an external to a usb external so for being self taught and 52 its not bad but i am stumped...all i have ever had to do is put one in the slot and then download the drivers...never any issues

:p What's age or education got to do with it?

If you can hear XP loading in the background and it doesn't just hang, then try connecting your monitor to the integrated VPU after the 6200 goes blank. If the the integrated VPU has display you've probably got to disable it or reconfigure your primary VPU settings in the BIOS.

If it doesn't have display then I'd figure there is compatibility issues Windows and the 6200 on one level or another. Try booting into Safe Mode as I suggested and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back