Gateway GT4016: BSOD "STOP: 0x00000050" keeps rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch70

Hi all....This is all new to me, so I'll do the best I can.
here are the specs for my mothers PC.

OS: ..........................................................................Windows XP - SP-2
CPU: .................................................AMD Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2209MHz
Mobo...............................................................................uBTX 4 - Layer
GPU: ...............................................................................GeForce 6100
PSU : ............................................................................Bestec 300 Watt
HDD: ...............................................................SATA 200 GB 7200 RPM
Ram .......................................................1 x 1024MB DDR 400- PC3200
(originally had 2 x 512MB)

The Story:
I started getting the bios beep code for bad memory, PC wouldnt go to windows at all. So I pulled out one stick of RAM and it logged on. Thinking the prooblem was fixed...I bought 1 x 1024MB of Ram and after putting it in and showing that it was reading 1.5 GB of RAM, thought that was great, and for a couple weeks it was, Then I started getting these reboots, So I took out the other 512 stick. that lasted about a day. And the reboots are inconsistant with anything obvious, Also at one point the pc usage went crazy...stuck at 100%, had to restart. but mostly just the reboots.

The Facts: .........what I have done.

Cleaned everything as good as possible,
McAfee virus scan, from Safe Mode.................no errors
CheckDisk...........................no errors
McAfee Registry Cleaner........cleaned the registry
Memtest86.........................27 passes
System Restore as far back as it would take me....only about 3 wks.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA
BSOD.....STOP: 0x00000050 (0xB913DDD8, 0x00000000, 0x80596118,
0x00000000).

It also said, to remove any newly installed hardware, and disable BIOS memory options, such as caching or shadowing.
I have done as much as I possibly can on my own. not sure what other info to give, I dont know how to zip and send a minidump, but I noticed the pc was set to smallmemorydump, and I set it to kernel, did not uncheck over write existing file...?

I dont know where to go from here...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I got another BSOD since I reset to "Kernel memory dump" here is the info from the blue screen. I tried to cause it by putting WMP on full screen visualization and it worked as soon as I clicked it.

STOP: 0x0000008E- 0xc0000005, 0xF8FA5C9, 0xB7329764, 0x00000000.

win32k.sys adderss- BF8FA5C9 base at BF800000 DateStamp 47e0e106.

I am trying to keep this short and to the point, but as I said, this is my mothers PC and its really all she has, If anyone could help, I hate to ask with all the info already available here, but at this point I really need some guidence.

BTW, how in the world do you zip and post a minidump file? lol...or do I need to with the codes I have, how do they differ? :eek:

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back