TechSpot

Gateway intros new gaming and media-friendly PCs

By Matthew
Feb 3, 2010
  1. Gateway has announced a batch of new gaming and media-friendly desktops, with systems spanning the FX (mainstream gaming), DX (mini-tower), SX (small form factor), and ZX (all-in-one) series -- all of which ship with Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Read the whole story

2. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

So what do you think about gateway reliability these days?

3. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 369   +40

That FX series looks awesome but i've been wary of gateway in recent years.

4. thatguyandrew92

thatguyandrew92 TS Rookie Posts: 118

Jesus the 220. That's not a gaming card.

5. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 584   +33

You're right they put in the 'casual' gaming category. It is not on their gaming systems.

6. PaulWuzHere

PaulWuzHere TS Maniac Posts: 378

I am the proud owner of a Gateway NV53 laptop. It has the best performance (in the price range ~$500) and I am glad to say is a nice little machine that has great build quality. Very solid feeling.

7. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Weakest component in all of those rigs is the video card. Plus you have to deal with Gateway's proprietary hardware, software and all the crapware that gets loaded up with those.

Most serious gamers I know build their own rigs. Not sure what audience they're trying to target with these.

8. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 584   +33

Maybe their targeting the gamer 101 class? I skipped that one and took the system builders 101 class. It was not that difficult.

9. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Agreed, sadly most manufactured PC's are like that though :( . At least they aren't calling there GT220 PC's gaming machines but rather multimedia. Unlike some other manufacturers out there who add to the confusion of PC gaming >.< .

10. There are other things people actually do on their computers other than playing games.

11. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

$1300 for a system with a 5850 is very reasonable and better price then comparable dell or hp that i can find. Of course it is a gateway though.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.