Gateway Laptop screen light flickers on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop screen night now flickers on and off. I always gotta move my screen around to make it so it wont be dark and i can see what I am doing. I think it might be a lose connection? I don't know. Can someone please help me? Thank you

I would blame it on a loose cable however i'm sure there was one series of the Gateway notebooks that had a manufacturing problem with recall? don't quote me on that though.

Without a number of the laptop ie Dell Inspiron 1501 i can give you specific instructions but see if your is in this list here and have a look at the instructions. Some may be similar. If not post back with the model number and we can help you more

Ok.. Then you probably have a cable issue. Down at the bottom there's one cable coming in from the laptop body. It splits once it's inside the LCD panel. One part goes to the inverter, which from there goes to a two wire connection to power the panel, the other half goes up to a circuit board at the top of the LCD panel. It's more typical for that pcb to go faulty than the cable, but I HAVE seen cables go faulty (and short out motherboards, incidentally.. I recently did a Compaq repair where that happened).

the same thing is happening to my gateway laptop and did u ever figure out what the problem was?

my white light in the back of gateway laptop were flicker for a while then it completely went off can u help me?

If you can still see a faint image in the right light, your backlight went. Replace the screen (it's not worth trying to replace backlights). If there's no picture at all, your inverter went. Replace it instead.

If you can still see a faint image in the right light, your backlight went. Replace the screen (it's not worth trying to replace backlights). If there's no picture at all, your inverter went. Replace it instead.

how much does it cost to replace the screen an do you know were i could do it for cheap

I don't know where you can get it for cheap. We do them for $299 (canadian) installed.. Mind you, that's brand new with warranty.. It's cheaper for a used one. It wouldn't be worthwile to send it to us after shipping, etc though. Maybe a local vendor can do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back