Gator

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSR

i have a non-removable file............gator.com............that respawns upon deletion............i always have to bump it out in ad-aware..........an irritation

Be dsure to use Task Manager to see if there's any wierd processes running that might be gatored related, then run adaware after killing them.

yeah.....i have aw6.........but the damn registry file keeps respawning ............with nothing running in the background

thx, but

spybot is great...............thx...............but, still unable to repair or remove registry files.....gator.com.........an error box posts upon removal attempt

Ok here is what I would try. I have gotten this error before. Restart your computer and the first thing you need to run is AW6, or Spybot. This will not allow gator to run and you can delete it. If that doens't work try booting into safe mode and then run it, this should ensure that it isn't running and can be removed.

You'll probably need to manually remove the keys for gator.com, there are also a couple of others in there, I think one is trickler, and I can't remember the other. One of those files is recreating the others upon reboot. Unless one of those ad removal tools can remove the parent key, the loop will just continue.

hey thx

i must have fallen for some little item that gator supports without knowing which or what............like precision time and date mgr etc........they're out but something is left behind that can't be identified by either aw6 or sbot as causing the error.....oh well

If you hadn't already solved the problem, I would have recommended using Norton CleanSweep (comes with Norton SystemWorks). It finds the .exe file and removes everything related (including registry entries), its worked wonders for me!

I remember gator installed itself with DivX once. I managed to delete the registry entries to stop it from launching its task on bootup. Never had any problems after that. But it seems it has evolved to a new level of annoyingness....

I can't say how much I HATE programs like Gator. The way they make it so difficult to uninstall is just flat out LOWLIFE.

I hope they go down in flames...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back