gecube X800xt 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello peeps

ok i'll bring my issue to the board, i have a gecube x800xt 512mb graphics card and when i play any games ie BF2, Fear i get a crazy blue checkered pattern and the polygons, loss of colour and system crashes so please i need help, i have tried a lot of things, reformatting, new drivers etc etc and its still fragged, before i send the card back i would like to see if anyone has any suggestions

my system is an ABIT AA8-duramax mother board, pentium 4 processor 630+ 3ghz, 2 gig of ram, 2x250 gig hdd, gecube X800xt 512mb and an onboard realtek sound card and i think a 550watt psu

any help would be great thanks

It'll definately need the power cable. If you forgot to put the power in, you won't be able to boot, so thats probably not the case.

I'm betting its an overheating issue, I had an X800XT 256mb, and it runs really hot. And I get those symptoms when I overclock the card too high.

Might want to change to an after-market cooler.

thanks

i'll give that a try see if that sorts out the problems, just outta interest whats the best way to check the temp of my gpu, and what temp should it run at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back