Geforce 240 GT 1GB DDR3 not installing properly

By Gotmilkman
Nov 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I'm trying to install the 240 gt driver and I'm having problems with it. I keep getting an error "The graphics driver could not find a compatible graphics hardware." I had a cd driver disk that came with the card, but It doesnt seem to work correctly, it "installs" the drivers, but the fps is like 12 in wow which I know this card can do way better than that.
    I have tried downloading different 240 drivers from nvidia.com get that same error. Also if I go into computer management and update display drivers it will update to "Standard vgs graphics adapter"
    So I don't know what Iam doing wrong. I went from a 8600 gtx to this 240 gt for now, and the 8600 is out doing it, but I know that is because the 240 isnt installing correctly.
    Any help will be helpful.
    Im using a dell Dimension 9150
    Ram: 4gb
    Graphics card is a 240 gt ddr3

I do want to throw in that I tired the card on my EVGA P55 SLI motherboard to and same results.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.