TechSpot

GeForce 301.42 WHQL packs performance gains, new features

By Matthew
May 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia's first GeForce R300 drivers have received Microsoft's approval, bringing a slew of new features and improvements, including some added since April's 301.24 beta. In case you missed that pre-WHQL...

Read the whole story
  2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

Just installed these bad boys. Only tested one app and it definitely did get an SLI profile since my benchmark is about double what it was yesterday.
  3. lol, after installing nvidia driver geforce 301.42 whql, my evga nvidia 9500gt gpu (air-cooled intel stock) temperature went to zero degree celsius from 46 degrees celsius, as monitored by speedfan and speccy.

a simple closure and re-opening of these programs "corrects" the wrong temperature measurement.
  4. It is normal are you kidding me? It uninstalls the driver and the installs it again.
  5. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TechSpot Booster Posts: 268   +47

Well I must add I tryed the new driver and adaptive VSync with Crysis 2 MP so far, and the performance increase was huge on my 9800 GT, the minimum FPS registered with adaptive VSync went as low as 38 FPS (different matches, maps, game type, etc. for 1 hour) compared to the min FPS registered just before installing the latest drivers that went as low as 15 FPS when just loaded the map and the countdown for starting with V-Sync activated. I mean, the adaptive V-Sync gave me just the playable performance of V-Sync off plus 2-3 FPS more, the problem when I played with the 296 drivers without V-Sync my FPS would oscilate between 32-82 FPS depending on the scene, when my refresh rate is set to 75 Hz, so it was like accelerating, deaccelerating and stuttering all combined, but as you see activating V-Sync would low a lot my min and average FPS.

Good feature, I just got like a stutter once in a whole hour and besides that I could kill a lot more because of the more playable FPS, specially on melee duels.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.