GeForce 4 overheat question

By Morbid Angel
Mar 14, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys, I'm new here and I run in to trouble...I got my self a geforce 4 ti4200 128.
    And yeah it heats a lot! so i got a different fan for it, now the cpu is fine, but the ram is the one that is heating...What do I do?
    I cant mesure the temperature because i dont have the monitor, so how do I go about it? the case is pritty hot...Im worried that my ram will fry out soon if I keep it same way.
    my specs are :
    cpu@ 220
    ram@ 405

Thanks
  2. eddy05

eddy05 Newcomer, in training Posts: 223

From my experience, the air ventilation inside your casing is an important factor to the temperature inside your PC. In my case, my Athlon XP dropped from 59°C to 47°C on idle (I have a small casing). You would probably wanna check whether the ventilation within your casing is efficient.
  3. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Do you have small casing fans hanging around? Make sure there are blowing the right way, if not they will interfere with the internal airflow.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.